HIGHER QUALITY AND SAFETY
- Increasing efficiency
- Reduction of errors
- Reduction of costs.
- There are several aspects that can be monitored:
- Unique identification of people and objects,
- Traceability in real time
- Certain identification and correct for patients
- Medicine inventory management .
- It is important for the hospital to keep inventory under control and have a real time inventory of products, this is to avoid stock outages. The massive reading by the readers allows to save time of the operators who would otherwise have to proceed with the manual count or the single reading of the barcode of each product.
TRACKING OF REUSEABLEPRODUCTS
- Some surgical instruments are reused after appropriate sterilization and must always be clean and disinfected within reach.
- Using RFID could ensure that each instrument is properly sterilized , and a properly implemented system could track the sterilization methods of individual instruments.